17.9.08

external music

As I am writing this blog I am watching music videos on mute. This is a perfect example of why external music is added to videos and movies. Videos without music are boring and slightly confusing. Personally, I match music to my emotions. If I am in a bad/sad mood I am more likely to listen to slow, quiet music as opposed to when I am in a happy fun mood I will be listening to upbeat dancing music. When watching videos, external music adds much more than people realize. It helps you connect your emotion to what you are watching and points you in the right direction to understand what the director wants you to feel at that moment. With good external music, you might not even realize the sounds you are hearing because they go so perfect with what you are actually feeling that its hard to separate what you are hearing and feeling. I think that music has a lot to add to videos and pieces of art and art in general wouldn't be the same without it.

No comments: