30.11.08

Performance Art





This project took me a little while to get started on. I thought for a while about how I could portray my relationship to technology in an interesting way. I am on my phone a lot as most of the class probably knows by now and it becomes a problem sometimes. Not only my phone but I use the computer a lot as well as watch many different tv series'. I decided to add up all of the time that I have been "wrapped up" in technology throughout my whole life, it turned out to be a ridiculous amount of time (over 3 years). That really blew me away. I made a powerpoint of all of the math I did to figure out how much time I have spent using technology, and while that was playing behind me I sat texting on my cell phone while being wrapped up by all of the different cords and chargers that go to the technology I use in my life. Technology is such a big part in everyones lives today that it seems as if without technology, no one would know what to do with themselves. 

4 comments:

Shawn Rubin said...

What I really liked about your performance was that it really makes the viewer think, I know everyone was trying to calculate their own time afterwards, great job

John Dolan said...

I did enjoy your performance, as it does as shawn said, make you think.

Ciara Ross said...

i really liked that you added up the math, it showed how much time people spend with technology

Matt N. said...

Very meaningful, i strongly relate to the amount of time we spend dealing with technology