8.12.08

Xerox Project and Response


The xerox project was a very interesting one. I had no idea what direction I was going to take this in so I decided to just xerox my body and see what happens. After xeroxing almost my entire body I cut out all of the different pieces and laid them out all over the floor. I thought the limbs were the most interesting objects that were xeroxed, so I decided to put them together and create a new creature of my own. I started with my head on top, and went down connecting my arms and legs randomly to create its own shape. My end result was a weird, awkward, creature with my head on the top. My xerox was not what I thought it would end up as, but I think that the process was fun, and the end result was funny and interesting. I enjoyed this project a lot and really enjoyed seeing what other people did with the assignment. 

To the class:

Taylor- I really liked your project. I liked that you used a mirror because it was very different, and showed a literally side of seeing yourself. I also liked the idea of adding color to the flowers, it made it very pretty and much more interesting. 
Adam- I liked your idea of only using your hands. It was very cool with the different sizes that you made them.
Mikaela- I thought your idea of xeroxing different things, not only your body was interesting. I liked the image you xeroxed of a book with your favorite quote underlined because sometimes quotes help describe your feelings more than your body can. 
Murat- I liked that you used your project to show your culture. With your hands, spartan id, and all of the designs in the background I thought that all together the project turned out very well. 
Coleen- I really liked that you printed your images onto colored paper. It made it very different. I also liked the idea that you used with showing things that people want like money, love, and peace. 
Ryan- Your xerox project was very cool and different. The idea that more images appear when the light turned on was so interesting. You can tell you put a lot of thought and effort into making it. 
Bernadette- Your xerox project was really interesting. I loved how your hair turned out on the page, it looked really cool. You didnt really need the second page but the whole idea put together was very interesting. I also thought the "property of US gov't" was a really funny idea. 
Ashley- Your xerox project was really cool. I liked that you used your fitness name tag in it because it is a part of your life. 
Matthew- I liked that you used motion in your project. No one else in the class experimented with that and I thought the outcome was really cool and different. 
Laura- I liked how different your xerox project was. I thought it was nice that you were able to incorporate dragons into your xerox project by using your hands, it turned out really good. 
Ciara- Your xerox project was really funny. I liked the funny picture you turned your images into.
Shawn- Your project was very clear. I think you used a scanner which made the pictures come out more clear. I also liked the way you displayed your images to the class.
Stacey- I really liked your project. As I know, you love butterflies so I loved that you made your own image of a butterfly by using copies of pictures of your hands. It turned out really cool.
Victor- You xerox project was really cool. I like that it was random, and I also like the squares you used, I think it made it much cooler. 

No comments: